Aug 27, 2016

Oh, wow.

Wow. It has been so long since I posted here. Life spun on and on. I've changed jobs twice, moved twice, bought a place, found some new hobbies, started an Etsy store, and the list goes on. All the while I still game. I don't think I can ever stop gaming. I do wish I could have 30 hours a day. So many things to do, so many games to play and just so, so little time!

I'm very sorry that I haven't updated this in so many years. It's totally my fault. The worst part is I can't even promise now that I won't neglect this blog from time to time, for unknown lengths of time. But if you see this post, whoever you are, I'm happy you are here!

So what has happened in the last 4 (oh my gosh, wow) years? I still shout when I game, I guess that isn't going to change too quickly, but I really try. Truly, I do

As for what games I've been on, I spent a lot of time on Mincraft between 2012 and 2015. Much of it was on Feed the Best. My brother set up a super awesome server and we played together on that for many iterations. I always loved setting up biofuel, as inefficient as it was:

Biofuel engine Minecraft Feed the Beast

I spent hundreds of hours on Guild Wars 2. I was totally let down by Archage. I purchased a GTX 970 just so I could play Fallout 4 and ARK: Survival Evolved. I tried SWTOR for a little while (and broke the game for myself by making too much money). I've tried a variety of new games, AAA and indie. Frankly, there are just too many to list. Don't Starve, Dying Light, Darkout. FTL. Darkest Dungeon. Path of Exile. Too many to remember and list. These days I spend most of my time (what little time I have spare) on League of Legends and Entropia Universe.

I suppose the biggest change is I have changed my standard IGN. I floated around, being this skittle flavor and that skittle flavor. Eventually I got around to mango flavor and that stuck for a while. One surreal day, I found out "mangoskittle" was already taken. Outrageous! I tried "iMango" but to no avail. That was taken too. But I had my heart set on Mango and I was gonna have it! And so I turned it all around and here we are today. It's interesting to think about the power we have in the digital universe to create and recreate ourselves at our whim. I certainly couldn't go up to my neighbor downstairs and say, "Hey actually, I want to be called Rawonda from now on." But here, we can. A clean slate is a name change away. Not that I'm looking for clean slates...

Hello. I'm Ognami!

No comments:

Post a Comment