Oct 24, 2011

Trick or Riot Point Cards?

Today I braved RL again to acquire myself a sweet Halloween treat: Riot Point cards! I have to admit I feel a bit guilty splashing out money like this, but lets be honest here, these make me so happy! Riot created some cute Halloween themed champion skins (I mentioned them in my previous post). Though none of the featured Halloween champions this year are characters that I regularly love to play, my gut tells me that if I pass up the chance to buy at least some of these skins, I will regret not having them later on. So I said !@%# it and grabbed me a few of these.

One for my super cool bro and two for me!
It's hard to explain why I feel a bit bad about buying these. I don't often chuck out a good sum of cash like this (anymore) to feed my gaming, and I still have to sometimes remind myself that its not bad that I sometimes spend money on what I have fun with. But for some inexplicable reason, dropping 75 dollars on three cards still feels a bit weird. It's not the same feeling as if I were spending 60 dollars on an actual game title. The only similar comparison I can think of is if I were to go to the pool hall on a weekly basis. I can go to a public place and spend money weekly to play and enjoy the whole experience of being out and playing, or I can just buy a table. I may have the table to own, but both routes have their own cost and pros and cons. One route is just a bit more tangible than the other.

I'm not making any sense am I? Don't listen to me! Just look at the RP cards! I'm gonna get me some cool skins now! You jelly?

No comments:

Post a Comment